Monday, July 8, 2013

Sleep and Storage Wars Kills!


I don’t get everything that I want.  You probably don’t either… why?  First is that it is nearly impossible to get everything you want.  I would like to be six feet tall.  Heck, I would settle for 5’8” for that matter.  I would like to be able to eat pizza, cheesecake, for every meal and be jacked and lean.  I would like to be able to train seven days per week without the risk of injury or divorce as I close in on 40 years old.  I would also like to be wealthy, but I like to sleep and watch Storage Wars.  They work against one another.  I would like to be three percent body fat and clean and jerk 200 kg.  I don’t because of the sleep and Storage Wars thing.  Now that I think of it, those two seem to be destroying all of my dreams.  Maybe if I fixed those two, I would get a bit taller… I digress.  In light of this emotional and intellectual tug of war, I will list some common excuses for our underachievement.  Please feel free to comment with some of yours.

-Too tired
-Too hot
-Too cold
-Not enough time
-I like to sleep and watch Storage Wars
-I have kids
-It’s too hard
-It is too late
-It is too early
-It is too heavy
-I don’t want to deprive myself
-I have bad genetics
-My legs/arms are too long/short
-I am addicted to carbs
-No time to cook
-Too busy
-I am too old
-I will do it later
-I am not in good enough shape yet
-It is too boring
-My foot/back/shoulder/elbow/knee/hip hurts
-I don’t like that workout
-I don’t want to get big and bulky
-I work my legs when I run (that is why they are skinny, by the way)
-I have visions of bacon bits dancing in my head

No comments:

Post a Comment