Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Train Discipline


I hate school.  I always hated school.  My mother will attest to the fact that waking up every morning, going to school, and behaving while I was there, was like pulling teeth.  The only things I liked about school were sports and girls.  Why did I go?  She told me to.  In addition to my hatred of school when I was young, like a lot of other kids, I hated doing work.  I grew up with a two acre yard.  I had to help mow it with a push mower.  During the spring and summer, by the time we mowed it all, it was time to mow again.  I hated it.  Why did I do it?  My step dad said to, and he was bigger than me.  When I got a little older I started thinking about the freedom of a car.  I had no money, but I was fortunate enough that my father would allow me to work for him.  I started off at the top… of a broom.  I swept, I painted, I cleaned toilets… things that dreams are made of.  Why did I do it?  I did it for the money.  Money meant freedom.  All of these things, plus countless others, taught me some things.  If you do things that are uncomfortable, over and over, it makes doing uncomfortable things easier.  This is called discipline.  You have to practice discipline.  Doing uncomfortable things generally makes you happy and successful.  My mother made me go to school, I was made to mow, and money made me work.  These things were uncomfortable, but they improved my discipline.  Discipline has made me successful in many areas.  It has helped in my nutrition… food is just fuel.  It has helped in my in my training, I study and train hard.  It has helped in my profession as well.  I am not that bright, but I am doing pretty well.  The take away is that you must practice discipline, because it has carryover from area to area.  So quite possibly, if you floss your teeth every night, you might make more money and snatch more weight.  

No comments:

Post a Comment