Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Odds and Ends

Since I have not posted a blogpost since June, I figured I would give a recap of things that have happened.  My last meet was in Savannah, GA at the old man Pan Am Championships.  I placed fifth out of 8 lifters at the meet with a competition PR total of 203 kg.  I went 3 for 3 in the snatch with a competition PR of 93 kg.  My clean and jerk was almost an all time PR but I missed the jerk at 118kg.  I had to settle for a routine 110kg lift.  I did all of this in the 85kg weight class.  Since that meet I have decided to drop down to my old weight class of 77kg and compete in the old man American Open this November.  To be quite frank, I just did not enjoy the process of keeping about 15lbs of "extra" body weight.  I know, cry me a river, but I just got tired of eating all the time.

Enough about me, lets look at some new weightlifting developments.

How about a 15 year old C. J. Cummings beating 25 year olds to become a Senior National Champion and breaking God knows how many youth, junior, and men's records along the way.


Or the 94kg class with this jolt of excitement as Jared Fleming set a new American record in the snatch on his way to winning a national championship beating out two Olympians in the process.



And finally the real untold story is who I think will represent the U.S. men in the Olympics next year in Rio, Caine Wilkes clean and jerking over 500lbs on his way to a national championship and becoming the meet's best lifter.

No comments:

Post a Comment