Thursday, October 29, 2015

Taper Time

I am two weeks out from Old Man American Open (weightlifting) and feel pretty healthy.  Normally my back is very sore, a shoulder is stiff, and the tendonitis in my elbow is pretty bad.  The difference in my training heading into this meet is that I took on a little bit of a conjugate method of training for strength.  A couple of days of max effort upper and lower, then a couple of dynamic effort (speed) days later in the week.  Additionally, most of weightlifting has been from the blocks.  Pulling from the blocks has really saved my back.  Six weeks out, I started pulling everything from the floor about 5 days/week.  Essentially, I tried to get a bit stronger and then with six weeks out, I focused on my sport. This is really an age old method of training.  I am really looking forward to seeing how the training will translate to competition.  On top of a different training regimen, I moved down weight classes because frankly, I got tired of eating like it was my job.  I know, cry me a river, but it is just a full time job artificially keeping on 15lbs of bodyweight.  I feel quicker, a little weaker, but a whole bunch better.  Trying to go 94/116 as a 77kg lifter, wish me luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment